5 Social Media Strategies for Your Dental Practice
Implementing effective social media marketing strategies for your dental practice will help you to stay connected with your patients and gain new patients and visibility.
A social media post will help you create awareness about your dental practice, build credibility, and manage your reputation. You can use social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram, to communicate with patients and keep them informed about your practice even before they visit your office.
Here are five social media marketing strategies that will benefit your dental practice:
1. Create a Professional Brand Name
You should create a brand name for your dental practice that is distinctive and easy to remember. Reinforce your brand name as much as possible on your social media profiles so that people can easily remember it.
Here are a few tips on displaying your brand name on your social media sites:
- Be consistent with your brand name. Make sure to use the same cover picture, profile photo, and biography on all social media profiles.
- Use branded hashtags for your social media posts.
- Add graphics such as color, design, and stylish fonts to your brand.
- Choose a brand color and try to emphasize it in every post.
2. Engage with the Audience
Just posting back-to-back content won’t help you increase your online exposure. You should also interact with others on social media by participating in online chats or group discussions and posting comments or feedback on their social media posts.
Communicating with people on social media can help you:
- Extend your online research.
- Create brand awareness.
- Better serve patients.
- Manage your reputation, which can get more patients for your practice.
3. Share Original Content
Make sure you share or post original and valuable information on social media sites to make your practice stand out.
Here are a few content ideas:
- Share links of the blog posts on your social media pages. Blog posts can help patients learn more about your treatments, services, and other information they frequently ask about.
- If you have published new research, share snippets of that information on your social media profile. Sprout Social reveals that 33% of people are more likely to engage with content that teaches them new concepts.
- You can share the media article if you are quoted in it.
- Display photos and videos of your staff, office space, and patients.
4. Use Sponsored Content
Sponsored content looks like organic content, which appears in the news feed. The audience can react or comment on sponsored content as they do with organic content. This is necessary for a dental practice to boost their leads and sales on social media sites.
Sponsored content helps you:
- Reach out to people who do not follow your practice.
- Build lookalike audiences using a patient list.
- Target audiences of the same interests by location.
- Spread brand awareness.
These will increase the chance that your prospective patients will view your content.
5. Share Limited-Time or Live Content
Live or limited-time content will be available on social media sites for a specific time period. People do not want to miss the information you are sharing, so they will make an effort to read the live content.
Here are a few types of live content that you can use on your social media profiles:
- Use Instagram and Facebook stories, which usually disappear after a day.
- Broadcast live videos on Facebook Live. Audiences can engage with the videos by commenting or reacting in real-time. You can live stream dental procedures such as teeth whitening or cleaning.
- You can host a Twitter chat on a specific dental topic. Keep people informed about when the chat begins and what is the hashtag of the chat so that they can be prepared to participate in the chat.
With these dental social media marketing strategies, you can attract new patients and turn your existing patients into advocates.
You may also like to read: