Dental Fun Facts
The human mouth performs a significant role in digestion, communication, and social activity. Numerous fascinating dental facts involving the mouth and teeth are worth learning. Check out these 10 fun dental facts!
- Tooth ‘prints’, just like fingerprints are unique to every individual.
- The typical American brushing time is approximately only 45 to 70 seconds per day. However, dentists advise brushing for 2-3 minutes.
- Nearly 78% of Americans will get at least one cavity by the age of 17.
- A single soda can contain about 10 to 12 teaspoons of sugar.
- The most common illness after the common cold is tooth decay.
- The original form of commercial floss got introduced in 1882.
- Your tooth will begin to die in 15 minutes if it gets knocked out of your mouth.
- Approximately half a million dollars is spent every year on chewing gum by children in the U.S.
- Teeth are entirely lacking in the largest mammal on earth, the Blue Whale.
- The toughest part of your body is your tooth enamel!
Follow Steffany Mohan, DDS on social media sites to learn more about right teeth care.